Other Early Childhood Services:
back to Early Childhood
back to Academic Services
K-1 Skill Builders
This program is for kindergarten and first grade children who may be at risk due to delays in one or more areas of normal development that affect readiness to learn. It is designed to nurture the growth of age-appropriate skills necessary for success in school.
Each child participates in activities clustered around six developmental areas including visual, auditory, language, gross and fine motor, social/emotional, and academic skills. Individual goals are developed for each child, and children participate in enjoyable activities that build skills in all areas while addressing their personalized goals. Each child receives individualized attention and is helped to build a positive self-concept as a successful learner. The children's progress is tracked, and regular conferences are held with each child's parents.
The K-1 Skill Builders program:
- is for children in kindergarten and first grade
- uses comprehensive evaluations before instruction begins, to identify where help is needed
- addresses language, visual, auditory, motor, social/emotional, and academic skills
- nurtures the growth of age-appropriate skills necessary for success in school and helps child build self-esteem and a love of learning
- includes post-testing and progress reports, which assess improvement, outline what has been taught, and specify areas of continued need
To talk with a Laughlin clinician about the K-1 Skill Builders, contact us.