Laughlin Children’s Center (The Center) is seeking an experienced educational leader to serve as the Academic Director. The Center’s mission is to act as a bridge to successful learning and foster social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development. The Center has a long tradition of offering multidisciplinary educational support to children from preschool through high school.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Academic Director will demonstrate a drive toward excellence and is passionate about serving students. The Academic Director with oversee the Center’s Academic services including tutoring (traditional and dyslexia) and The Village Preschool. If you possess a strong understanding of academic rigor and are dedicated to helping children, we want to hear from you!
We believe diversity is essential to our organization’s growth and success. The Center strives to create an inclusive, accepting culture and seeks individuals of all backgrounds to join our organization. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
We welcome you to join our team and help fulfill our mission to spark children’s passion for lifelong learning.
What you will do:
- Own and grow the Academic services department
- Partner with the Center’s leadership team through strategic planning to further the educational goals of the organization
- Manage the Structured Literacy certification process
- Lead and administer academic evaluations
- Oversee enrollment and scheduling of all students
- Facilitate communication with student’s families
- Develop and maintain the Academic services department budget
- Maintain the PA Department of Education license as well as the NAEYC accreditation for The Village Preschool
- Uphold knowledge of current research and trends in education
- Assist in marketing department programs
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the education field
- Federal Criminal History Check, Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance required
- Child CPR and First Aid Certification required
- Demonstrated educational background, including PA Department of Education certification
- Experience developing and implementing various teaching methods for reading and math curriculum
- Ability to administer and review internal and external academic assessments
- Experience using psycho-educational testing and knowledge of how results relate to specific learning skills
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Excellent leadership abilities complemented with strong organizational skills
- Experience in management and department budgeting, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Not for profit experience a plus, not required.
What’s in it for you:
Rest and relaxation- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
Robust employee benefits- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and employer 401(k) contribution