Laughlin Children’s Center has academic instruction available year-round.
Online Tutoring and In-Person Tutoring Services Available at Laughlin Children’s Center
- One-on-one academic instruction by PA certified teachers
- Services are individualized and based on clinical evaluation
- Dyslexia evaluation and tutoring services (Orton-Gillingham)
Laughlin Children’s Center individualized tutoring instruction:
- Uses evaluations before instruction begins to identify student’s strengths and challenges
- Employs only certified teachers whose specialized knowledge addresses the student’s needs
- Tutoring available in reading, math, written language, and study/organizational skills
- Instruction is geared to each child’s instructional level with degree of difficulty raised gradually to promote success and build positive academic self-image
- Post-testing and progress reports outline what has been taught, assesses improvement, and identifies areas of continued need.
Laughlin Children’s Center academic services span a child’s school experience, from preschool through high school. Our education programs are staffed by certified teachers, early childhood educators, Orton-Gillingham certified instructors, and reading specialists dedicated to helping children gain skills and improve academic self-esteem.
Laughlin Children’s Center has many ongoing educational services to help children at all grade and skill levels in social readiness, reading, written language, math, and study skills. If your child has a learning difference, just needs to catch up, or needs enrichment to provide that extra boost, we have services to meet your needs.
Screenings are available at the Center by appointment. For more information about scheduling a screening, or to inquire about having the Center come to your preschool, please call us 412-741-4087.
To learn more about online and in-person tutoring, fill out the contact form below
Or call our Intake Coordinator at 412.741.4087