For school-aged children, academics become a vital part of every day. For that reason, Laughlin Children’s Center makes academic instruction available year-round, leading not only to better understanding, but also to greater self-confidence and motivation.
Laughlin Children’s Center Individualized Instruction:
- Uses evaluations before instruction begins, to identify where help is needed
- Employs only certified teachers who specialize instruction to address student’s needs in areas of reading, math, written language, and study and organizational skills
- Is geared to each child’s instructional level (level at which the student can experience success) with level of difficulty raised gradually because repeated success builds positive academic self-image
- Includes post-testing which assesses improvement
- Provides progress reports that outline what has been taught and specific areas of continued need
How can a I start getting tutoring services for my child?
- Step 1: Comprehensive Evaluation – Schedule an evaluation with the Laughlin Children’s Center. In some cases, the Laughlin Center can accept evaluations from other sources such as your child’s school district or another institution.
- Step 2: Parent/Evaluator Meeting – The evaluator shares the results of the evaluation with the parents and makes recommendations based on their student performance and specific strengths and weaknesses.
- Step 3: Tutor Match – The child is matched with one of the Laughlin Center’s tutors based on the child’s specific needs and their personality.