The Village Preschool is part of the Laughlin Children’s Center in Sewickley, PA. We are a NAEYC accredited institution that believes in learning through play and developmentally appropriate activities and lessons. We are also licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education as a private academic institution.
We are seeking a part time passionate and experienced early childhood educator to join our team!
Our dynamic curriculum allows our teachers to be creative and differentiate activities based on the needs of the children. We thoughtfully integrate early academic skills into engaging thematic units and provide exciting supplemental activities such as language enrichment, story time with the Sewickley Library, and more! The Village Preschool teachers have the unique opportunity to collaborate with Laughlin Children’s Center clinicians in the areas of speech and language, occupational therapy, and psychology in order to successfully meet the needs of the whole child!
Laughlin Children’s Center’s mission is to act as a bridge to successful learning. We are a community nonprofit resource providing preschool education, academic support, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, and psychological services.
What will you do?
- Develop developmentally appropriate activities and lessons that engage the children and integrate early academic skills
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, music, media etc.)
- Observe each child in order determine the best way to guide their cognitive, social/emotional, and physical growth
- Track children’s progress and report to parents
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche.
- Co-teach and collaborate with other Village Preschool educators and Laughlin Children’s Center professionals
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- PA Teaching Certification
- Federal Criminal History Check, FBI fingerprints, Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearances required
- Experience working with children 3 – 5 years old is recommended
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and passion for this important work!
The Village Preschool offers:
- Competitive compensation (range from $18.00 – $20.00) based on education and experience
- Morning work schedule
- Paid planning time
Please send resume and questions to Rachael Troglio at [email protected]