Laughlin Children’s Center (Center) is seeking an organized and detail oriented individual to fill the role of Healthcare Insurance Coordinator. The Center’s mission is to act as a bridge to successful learning and has a long tradition of offering multidisciplinary educational support to children from preschool through high school.
The Healthcare Insurance Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of working with insurance companies to obtain reimbursement for clinical services while initiating and maintaining the credentialing and re-credentialing contacts.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will assist clinicians and clients understand and adhere to various insurance requirements and procedures.
We believe diversity is essential to our organization’s growth and success. The Center strives to create an inclusive, accepting culture and seeks individuals of all backgrounds to join our organization. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We welcome you to join our team and help fulfill our mission to spark children’s passion for lifelong learning.
What you will do:
- Manage the credentialing and recredentialing process for all clinicians, as well as complete periodic demographic updates required by insurance companies.
- Obtain insurance benefits for all new clients and again when the client’s benefit year renews or their insurance changes, entering the information into software and forms for client signatures.
- Track scripts from pediatrician offices, authorizations, visit counts. Work with clinicians to obtain new authorizations and/or scripts (referrals) as necessary.
- Review insurable service charges daily and submit claims to insurance weekly. Follow up with clinicians as needed until all charges are accounted for and submitted to insurance.
- Receive and post insurance payments to client accounts and submit secondary claims as necessary.
- Follow-up on all denials or incorrect payments. Write appeals if necessary.
- Create invoices for clients with an outstanding balance.
- Work with admin staff to coordinate a smooth daily workflow, work with clients to insure understanding of their benefits and out of pocket expenses and work with clinicians to adhere to insurance requirements and authorization processes.
- Maintain an organized system for electronically filing client information and insurance documents so that they can be located easily for auditors or as needed by staff.
- Keep current on individual insurance company requirements and/or changes and update staff accordingly.
What you will need:
- Assoicate’s degree in a related field, or at least 3 years of equivent experience within the field.
- Minimum 1 year experience in medical insurance billing.
- Previous medical office or medical billing experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of HIPPA regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with the Center’s stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and billing software, a plus.
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus.
What is in it for you:
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays.
- Robust employee benefits- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and employer 401(k) contribution.
Please send resume and questions to [email protected]