Laughlin Children’s Center (The Center) is seeking a vibrant, experienced leader to serve as the Director of Operations. The Center’s mission is to act as a bridge to successful learning and has a long tradition of offering multidisciplinary educational support to children from preschool through high school.
The Director of Operations is responsible for operating processes and will lead with a strong strategic oversight. This position will manage various vendors and oversee departmental areas, including Human Resources, IT, and Finance. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the leadership team, you will serve as a strategic partner to ensure The Center has the systems and procedures in place to support its mission.
We believe diversity is essential to our organization’s growth and success. The Center strives to create an inclusive, accepting culture and seeks individuals of all backgrounds to join our organization. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
We welcome you to join our team and help fulfill our mission to spark children’s passion for lifelong learning.
What you will do:
- Oversee and evaluate day-to-day operations
- Participate in key strategic decision initiatives to improve the direction of The Center.
- Design and execute business plans, strategies, processes, and procedures that support The Center’s ability to meet budgetary, cash flow, and other financial goals.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational activities and use of resources.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop a budget, and manage finances, accounting, and bank processes.
Oversee Human Resource functions including employee contracts, onboarding, training, benefits, and performance review process.
- Champion a workplace culture of collaboration and accountability
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and empower a high-performing team to achieve organizational goals.
- Ensure adherence to key performance objectives to meet business and client expectations.
- Manage facility maintenance, repair, and improvement projects.
- Foster positive relationships with external vendors.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
What you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in a business, education, human services, or related field required; combination of equivalent work experience and training would be qualifying
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a business management, finance, operations or project management position with progressive superivsory experience preferred
- Federal Criminal History Check, Pennsylvania Criminal History Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance required
- Experience in strategic planning, operational efficiency, and business development
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, someone who has implemented what it means to be an inspiring, strategic, and supportive leader
- Excellent executive-level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- A problem-solving mindset that achieves continuous performance improvement using analytics and strong decision-making
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Computer literacy and experience with accounting software, electronic data bases or health records management systems preferred
- Not for profit experience a plus, not required
What is in it for you:
- Rest and relaxation- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Robust employee benefits- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and employer 401(k) contribution