Job Skills & Requirements:
This position requires a PA Department of Education instructional certification. Training in Orton-Gillingham or Structured Literacy instruction required; certification preferred. Clearances, including criminal history, child abuse and FBI fingerprinting must be obtained and renewed as required by the PA Department of Education. Previous teaching experience is preferred. Good communication skills are also necessary. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, is essential. Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information is a must.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review students records upon assignment; meet with Program Coordinator to discuss individual students’ needs.
- Provide individualized instruction to a minimum of two students, with Dyslexia/ Specific Learning Disability in Reading, (4 hours) per week in-person or online.
- Utilize the Orton- Gillingham methodology of instruction following the Center’s curriculum sequence.
- Document instruction and progress regularly to compile a comprehensive progress report at the end of the term.
- Establish and maintain communication with parents, contact client families if unable to hold sessions on an assigned day.
- Attend in-service meetings on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain accurate electronic records regarding student attendance and instructor’s hours of work.
- And all other duties, as assigned.
Please send resume and questions to [email protected]