- This event has passed.
ADHD Parent Group Workshop – June 15 and July 20
June 15 @ 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm$60.00 – $75.00
The goal of this 2 day workshop is to assist parents in guiding their children w/ ADHD in a more meaningful way.
This is a two session group learning experience for parents of children or teens with ADHD. ADHD is so much more than inattention, low motivation, or impulsiveness which are actually symptoms of a deeper broader challenge. This challenge is the inconsistent & delayed development of executive functions. In each session we will start with a 40 minute presentation (some via a video) on the topics listed below, then take questions from parents that can be answered in a manner relevant to the group as a whole. This group is meant to be not just informative but supportive of parents with challenging children.
- 2 day workshop June 15 and July 20
- 6:00pm – 7:15pm
- Laughlin Children’s Center
- 12 total participants
- $60 per adult participant, $75 per couple
- 6 in person and 6 participating through Zoom
- Registration for this workshop ends June 8, 2023
- Moderator: Lenore Melmeyer, Ph.D.
- The Nature of ADHD: Underlying Deficits & Developmental Expectations
- Description of the Executive Functions Compromised
- The Crucial Mindset of Parents in Supporting their Children’s Development
- Practical Strategies for Children to Help Build their Executive Skills