Job Title: Front Office Receptionist
Classification: Part time
Laughlin Children’s Center (Center) is seeking an outgoing, organized, and dependable individual to fill the role of Part-Time Front Office Receptionist. The hours for this part-time position are 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday, with occasional Friday hours during the day. The Center’s mission is to function as a bridge to successful learning and has a long tradition of offering multidisciplinary educational support to children from preschool through high school.
The Front Office Receptionist is the first face visitors see when entering the Center. You will greet clients with compassion and friendliness both in person and over the phone, fax and scan medical documents, maintain accurate patient records, and manage the daily schedule of appointments.
We believe diversity is essential to our organization’s growth and success. The Center strives to create an inclusive, accepting culture and seeks individuals of all backgrounds to join our organization. We are a proud equal-opportunity employer.
We welcome you to join our team and help fulfill our mission to spark children’s passion for lifelong learning.
What you will do:
- Warmly greet all clients, visitors and vendors that enter the Center.
- Direct incoming calls to the appropriate party or department.
- Oversee the daily schedule of client and visitor arrivals and departures from the Center. Advise necessary staff members of client or visitor’s arrival in a timely manner. Assist with distribution, completion, and collection of any necessary paperwork.
- Log and record client activity, prepare receipt(s) and record payment(s) in the Center’s medical records system.
- Check eligibility for all Medical Assistance clients on the day of their visit to ensure compliance with state requirements
- Close out the day with cash and credit card receipts.
- Support the Director of Operations as needed.
- Serve as emergency contact for the main building during shift hours (2 p.m.-7 p.m.). Maintains security by following procedures.
- Maintain a safe and clean welcome area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Open and distribute daily mail.
- Balance monies received at the end of shift; complete credit card settlement when closing the Center.
- Assist with filing, typing, preparing mailings, or other clerical tasks as needed as required by the Director of Operations.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an office front desk environment; preferably a clinical practice.
- Knowledge of medical insurance is a plus.
- Electronic Medical Record experience, preferably AdvancedMD.
- Professional and friendly phone skills with a passion for customer service.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and ability to actively listen.
- Detail-oriented and excels in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and follow HIPPA rules and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
What is in for you:
- Become part of a wonderful practice that empowers children with the skills they need to be successful in life.
- This shift comes with a pay differential
- Support for professional development
- Paid sick time
- Time off for Vacation
- Free on-site parking
- Work in the beautiful village of Sewickley