The Village Preschool is part of the Laughlin Children’s Center in Sewickley, PA. We are a NAEYC accredited institution that believes in learning through play and developmentally appropriate activities and lessons. We are also licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education as a private academic institution.
We are seeking a part time passionate person to join our team as a preschool teacher’s aide!
Our dynamic curriculum allows our teachers to be creative and differentiate activities based on the needs of the children. We thoughtfully integrate early academic skills into engaging thematic units and provide exciting supplemental activities such as language enrichment, story time with the Sewickley Library, and more! The Village Preschool teachers have the unique opportunity to collaborate with Laughlin Children’s Center clinicians in the areas of speech and language, occupational therapy, and psychology in order to successfully meet the needs of the whole child!
Laughlin Children’s Center’s mission is to act as a bridge to successful learning. We are a community nonprofit resource providing preschool education, academic support, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, and psychological services.
What will you do?
- Assist with the implementation of developmentally appropriate activities and lessons that engage the children and integrate early academic skills under the direction of the lead teachers
- Observe and document behavior of children under the direction and guidance of the lead teachers
- Observe and document academic skills of children under the direction and guidance of the lead teachers
- Assist with the creation of materials and classroom activities
- Plan and organize field trips and other special classroom events such as holiday celebrations, guest speakers, parent readers, etc.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Purchase and manage snack supplies
- Child Development Association Credential (CDA) or 12 higher education credits in early childhood education or related field
- Federal Criminal History Check, FBI fingerprints, Pennsylvania Criminal
- History Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearances required
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and passion for this important work
- Experience working with children 3 – 5 years old is a plus!
The Village Preschool offers:
- Competitive compensation (range from $14.00 – $16.00) based on education and experience
- Morning work schedule
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
Please send resume and questions to [email protected]