Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
Laughlin Children’s Center is taking the following precautions to protect our families and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- The waiting area is currently closed.
- LCC staff will wear masks. Clients and visitors who are able are encouraged to wear masks.
- LCC staff maintains safe social distancing.
- Restrooms are cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Center.
- Appointments are scheduled at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the Center.
- Families must wait in their cars or outside until 5 minutes before their appointment.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected throughout the day.
- Staff and visitors to the Center will answer COVID-19 Safety questions and have their temperature checked.
Thank you for helping us stop the spread of COVID-19.
Pennsylvania Travel Advisory
Following the guidance of the PA Department of Health, if you have traveled to, plan to travel to, or have visitors from an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, it is recommended that you stay at home for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania. Please wait to schedule an in-person evaluation or sessions until 14 days after your return from one of the states listed on the Dept. of Health’s website:
Safety Protocol for Possible Exposure
In accordance with the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the CDC and in an effort to reduce the community spread of COVID-19 the following policy applies to clients, and/or their parents, caregivers or household members (including siblings) of LCC clients. Anyone in close contact (related and non-related, living in the same household) with the infected person may not return to the Center for services until the following conditions have been met:
- The individual with COVID-19 has been symptom free for a minimum of 3 days, it has been 10 days since the onset of symptoms and 10 days since the positive test results were obtained.
- 14 days have passed since the client was initially exposed to the positive COVID-19 case.
- Teletherapy is available to clients during the required isolation period.