Laughlin Children’s Center makes academic instruction available year-round.
Online Tutoring and In-Person Tutoring Services Available at Laughlin Children’s Center
- One-on-one academic instruction by PA certified teachers
- Services are individualized and based on clinical evaluation
- Dyslexia evaluation and tutoring services (Orton-Gillingham)
LCC’s individualized tutoring instruction:
- Uses evaluations before instruction begins to identify student’s strengths and challenges
- Employs only certified teachers whose specialized knowledge addresses the student’s needs
- Tutoring available in reading, math, written language, and study/organizational skills
- Instruction is geared to each child’s instructional level with degree of difficulty raised gradually to promote success and build positive academic self-image
- Post-testing and progress reports outline what has been taught, assesses improvement, and identifies areas of continued need.