Laughlin Children’s Center (The Center) is seeking a full-time Occupational Therapy (OT) Manager to join our team! The Center’s mission is to act as a bridge to successful learning and foster social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development. The Center has a long tradition of offering multidisciplinary educational support to children from preschool through high school.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the OT Manager will plan and provide assessment and remediation for clients identified with or suspected of having a disability that interferes with their ability to perform daily life activities. If you possess a strong diagnostic and therapeutic skill set and are dedicated to helping children, we want to hear from you!
We believe diversity is essential to our organization’s growth and success. The Center strives to create an inclusive, accepting culture and seeks individuals of all backgrounds to join our organization. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
We welcome you to join our team and help fulfill our mission to spark children’s passion for lifelong learning.
What you will do:
- Lead the Occupational Therapy (OT) department.
- Conduct complete and thorough evaluations using standardized assessments, parent reports, and clinical observations. Complete a written report of the evaluation results in a timely manner, and forward to families and ordering physician as indicated.
- Develop initial treatment plans with appropriate goals. Revise and update treatment plans as necessary. Plan and execute treatment sessions with activities and interventions that incorporate best practices and are developmentally appropriate. Evaluate progress and determine readiness for discharge from therapy services.
- Manage the screening program including contacting local preschools, organizing materials, coordinating therapists to complete screens and ensure results are returned in a timely manner.
- Provide education, trainings and counseling to staff and parents as indicated.
- Attend regularly scheduled director meetings and communicate updates between Executive Director and OT department.
- Collaborate with The Village Preschool for developmental skills, sensory and motor needs, and provide weekly directed activities during the morning free play.
- Communicate with local college programs to establish and maintain relationships for fieldwork students.
- Identify staffing needs and participate in screening, interviewing, and training new staff.
- Coordinate department purchases for new/replacement materials.
- Maintain open communication with OT team for ongoing mentorship and collaboration for difficult cases, documentation, billing questions, etc.
- Complete billing daily and assist with creation of annual budget for department.
- All other duties, as assigned.
What you will bring:
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the occupational therapy field preferred.
- Previous pediatric experience including student fieldwork preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Passion for working with children with disabilities.
- Knowledge of normal human growth and development over the lifespan.
- Ability to read, understand, analyze, and interpret medical record documents.
- Skilled in planning, delegation, problem solving, organizational behaviors/competencies, and stress tolerance.
- Strong organizational skills, self-initiative, and desire for ongoing learning.
Licensure, Certifications and Clearances:
- Valid PA Occupational Therapist license required.
- Current National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NCBOT) certification required.
- Federal Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania Criminal History Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance
- Compliance with regulations of accrediting bodies, including but not limited to: current American Heart Association CPR Health Care Provider Certification.
What is in it for you:
- A tremendous career opportunity to manage and grow an OT Department
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Robust employee benefits- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and employer 401(k) contribution