Job Title: Orton Gillingham Tutor
Supervisor: Academic Department Director
Classification: Full time
Job Skills & Requirements:
This position requires a PA Department of Education instructional certification. Training in Orton-Gillingham or Structured Literacy instruction required; certfication preferred. Clearances, including criminal history, child abuse and FBI fingerprinting must be obtained and renewed as required by the PA Department of Education. Previous instructional experience is highly preferred. Willingness to engage with the community through presentations and outreach programs. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, and openness to learning the center’s medical software for purposes of scheduling and record keeping. Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information is a must.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review students’ records upon assignment; meet with the academic department director to discuss individual students’ needs as needed.
- Provide individualized instruction to a minimum of eight students, with Dyslexia/ Specific Learning Disability in Reading, (16 hours) per week in-person and/or online. Typically scheduled between the hours of 3:00-7:00 pm. Morning and early afternoon appointments will be scheduled when requested.
- Utilize the Orton- Gillingham methodology of instruction following the Center’s curriculum sequence.
- Document instruction and progress regularly to compile a comprehensive progress report at the end of each term (school year and summer).
- Establish and maintain communication with parents, contact client families if unable to hold sessions on an assigned day.
- Collaborate with academic department director on community outreach programs such as presentations for local organizations, screenings, and professional development
- Attend in-service meetings on an as-needed basis.
- And all other duties, as assigned.
- Salary based on experience and professional credentials
- Generous paid time off
- Sick Days
- Healthcare Benefits (cost shared by employee and employer)
- Vision and Dental plans
- Retirement savings
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan available